Blitz Sports, Inc. DBA Blitz Paintball = Blitz /Phone: 303-337-7109
Recreational Activity Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Express Assumption
Of Risk and Indemnity Agreement
Express Assumption of Risk Associated with Recreational Activities.
I _______________________________________________________________hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the inherent hazards and risks associated with the recreational activity generally described as Paintball/Airsoft/Laser Tag , including the rental of equipment and transportation associated therewith of which I am about to engage in. I also acknowledge these risks are inherent in remaining on the Blitz property as a spectator or for any reason. Inherent hazards and risks include but are not limited to:
1. Risk of injury from the activity and equipment utilized is significant including the potential for permanent disability and death.
2. Possible equipment failure and/or malfunction of my own or other’s equipment.
3. This activity takes place outdoors and therefore includes risks associated with exposure to elements, excessive heat, hypothermia, encountering objects either natural or man-made, exposure to animals with the attendant risks of kicking, biting, shying away, running off or otherwise moving in an unanticipated manner causing injury and/or death.
4. My own negligence and/or the negligence of others, including but not limited to operator error and ref decision making including misjudging terrain or weather.
5. Attack by or encounter with insects, reptiles, and/or animals.
6. Accidents or illness occurring with no quick access to medical facilities.
7. Fatigue, chill, and/or dizziness, which may diminish my/our reaction time and increase the risk of accident.
*I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death
I fully understand and acknowledge that; a) risks and dangers exist in my use of paintball equipment and my participation in paintball activities; or remaining near such activity (b) my participation in such activities and/or use of such equipment, or being near such activity may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, disease strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, eye injury, blindness, heat stroke, heart attack, death or other ailments that could cause serious disability; (c) these risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the owners, employees, officers, or agents of Blitz; the negligence of participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, forces of nature or other causes. These risks and dangers may arise from foreseeable and unforeseeable causes; and (d) by my participation in these activities and/or use of equipment, or by remaining at Blitz, I hereby assume all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the owners, agents, officers, employees of Blitz, or any other person.
I, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives and my heirs, hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Blitz and it’s owners, agents, officers, and employees from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my use of paintball equipment or my participation in paintball activities or from being present on the property. I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging and waiving any claims or actions that I may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by the owners, agents, officers or employees of the Blitz.
For Participants of Minority Age, this is the clarify that I (the undersigned), as Parent, Guardian, Temporary Guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do
understand the nature of the above referenced activities and the minors experience and capabilities and believe the minor to be qualified to participate in such activity. I hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, hold harmless, defend and indemnify Blitz and it’s owners, agents, officers and employees, or any other person from any and all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise on my and my minors account which may arise out of the minors use of paintball equipment or the minors participation in paintball activities. I specifically understand that I am releasing, discharging and waiving any claims or actions that I, or the minor may have presently or in the future for the negligent acts or other conduct by the owners, agents, officers or employees of the Blitz.
MEDICAL PERMISSION AUTHORIZATION
For Participants of Minority Age the undersigned parent or guardian gives permission for Blitz to authorize emergency medical treatment as may be deemed necessary for the child named below while participating in paintball games or at Blitz or while on the property.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE AND BY SIGNING IT I AGREE IT IS MY INTENTION TO EXEMPT AND RELIEVE BLITZ FROM LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE.
By signing my name I also certify that I have read the rules posted at the Blitz, Blitz paintball.net or the back of this waiver
SAFETY RULES (Must be read to play)
- Always wear approved goggles; (Mask made for paintball) that covers eyes, face and ears at shooting range and in or near playing field. In mask required areas the mask may not be removed for ANY REASON. Failure to adhere to these rules is cause for immediate expulsion from the Blitz.
- A barrel blocking device must be used when not shooting or when you are not in an active field of play. The device MUST be put on or over the barrel you exit playing fields to enter staging area. No markers are allowed in staging area without such device.
- Utilize safety on markers whenever no in active field of play.
- Never shoot at anyone not wearing an approved mask or anyone whose safety gear is not in place.
- Never shoot at anyone showing a neutrality symbol, any non player, judges, animals or birds.
- Never shoot at ANYTHING outside an active playing field.
- All markers MUST be chronographed prior to use and MUST NOT exceed 300 feet per second.
- No dry firing of markers is allowed in staging area except by Blitz staff in marker repair area.
- Never use a marker until you have been versed in its use and understand such use.
- Never look down the barrel of a marker at ANY TIME.
- Never blind shoot your marker (shooting without placing the marker on your shoulder and sighting down the barrel)
- Never shoot over netting, across parking lots, or staging areas.
- No climbing or moving any bunkers or built structure or natural structure at Blitz.
- No jumping over bunkers, built structures or natural structures.
- No unsafe running. ie: Running at extremely high speeds, running while looking or shooting in a different direction. (This does not apply to air ball fields during tournaments or tournament style games as the Blitz.)
- Do not impact any bunkers, built structures or natural structures at the Blitz.
- Wear safety glasses in all parking lots and staging areas.
- Never stand within 6 feet of the netting without wearing goggles or safety glasses.
- If a Ref blows a whistle and yells, “Stop the game!” or “Game over!” STOP PLAYING IMMEDIATELY.
- No throwing paintballs.
- You must be 10 years old to play. All children under the age of 10 must be constantly supervised by an adult. If a child is unsupervised: “Not in close proximity to a parent or guardian or if the child is participating in throwing paintballs at objects or people.” The parent and child will be asked to leave the premises.
- Never work on a marker without degassing it, removing the hopper and clearing all paintballs.
- Never shoot anything from your marker besides water-soluble paintballs.
- Never pick up paint balls off the ground and put them in the marker. (It causes damage to markers and if the have been sitting outdoors may be unsafe)
- Obey the 10 foot surrender rule in all non tournament style games.
- No physical contact between players. No fighting or striking in anger.
- No overshooting players.
- NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED ON PREMISES.
- No Firearms, knives, or explosives on premises.
- National, regional, state, provincial, and local laws apply.
- A judge may touch or move a player during a paint check, neutral call, to stop a player from playing on after eliminated, to break up a fight, or remove player from premises.
- Judges have the final word on all calls, and rule enforcement.
- You cannot play, use the target range, spectate or remain on premises without first signing a waiver.